Terms & Condition
- Booking Procedure
To make your booking, each person must complete our online booking form. The booking is subject to these booking conditions.
To make a booking you must be over 18 year of age. We will treat each booking form submitted as an offer by you to purchase the tour package in accordance with these terms and conditions. A contract will only be in place between us and all persons named on the booking form.
How to book
- Find a date that suits you on our website
- Click ‘Book Now’
- Fill in your personal details
- Fill in your medical details
- Click on ‘Make Payment’ and securely pay
- Congratulations – you’ve now secured your place!
- You will receive a confirmation email, and further information about the trip is available on our website
- If you have paid a deposit then the remaining balance needs to be paid no later than 5 weeks before the trip begins.
If and when a deposit is required then the following will apply. Your 40% deposit is a non-refundable booking fee covering the administrative, planning, booking and research costs associated with delivering your tour event/package that we incur prior to and in processing your booking. You do however have a 7-day cooling off period.
3. Cancellation by Adventure4Fun
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a trip, you will be entitled to a full refund. We reserve the right to cancel any trip for the but not limited to the following reasons:
• The trip does not meet minimum group numbers
• When circumstances beyond our reasonable control arise. For example, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism, poor weather conditions or technical problems with transport and logistics or with 3rd party service providers.
If this is the case no less than 14 days before the start of the trip, you will be offered an alternative date or equivalent trip. If this is not acceptable to you, we will refund all payments made to us in respect of your event or tour package. We will not offer any refunds with respect to insurance premiums you may have taken out with any third parties. Before requesting or accepting a refund from Adventure4Fun, you should have adequate travel insurance cover in place.
4. Cancellation by Client
If you cancel your event/tour package the person who signed the booking form must notify us in writing and will be subject to the following cancellation charges from the date of receipt of your email.
Notice of Cancellation Charge (% of Full Price)
More than 60 days before start date: Deposit
30 – 60 days: 50% of full trip cost
Less than 30 days before start date: 100% of full trip cost
If Adventure4Fun requires a lesser sum than set out in above to cover its reasonable costs and losses caused by the cancellation, it may at its discretion charge you that lesser sum.
Adventure4Fun shall take all reasonable steps to keep its costs and losses to a minimum.
5. Client Transfer
If any person chooses for whatever reason to transfer their place on an Adventure4Fun trip, we will agree to that person’s booking being transferred to another person who satisfies all the conditions applicable to the trip, subject to both persons accepting joint and several liability for full payment of the event/tour package price and our charge for confirming the transfer and any additional costs arising from the transfer. We must be given reasonable notice of the transfer request, which is considered to be at least 14 days prior to the departure date.
Due to the dangerous nature of adventure and activity event/tour packages, you must be adequately insured for your event/tour package. It is a condition of your contract with us that you are fully insured in respect of the risks set out below. It shall be your responsibility to ensure that you are properly insured in accordance with this information, and in particular, for the activities you will be undertaking. The risks that appear below are set out for your consideration only and are not intended to be exhaustive. You are strongly advised to seek advice from your insurance broker and/or your insurance company for the purpose of this condition:
a. medical treatment and repatriation
b. cancellation and/or curtailment of event/tour package
c. loss, theft or damage of personal effects (including your passport, money, bicycle and any electrical items)
d. hospital benefits
e. personal accident
f. personal liability
g. travel delay
h. emergency rescue
i. legal expenses
Upon request and where applicable you must be able to provide us with a copy of your travel insurance policy and emergency telephone number before we will let you partake in an activity. We reserve the right to cancel your event/tour package without compensation or refund if you fail to provide us with any information required regarding your insurance or if we are reasonably of the view that the insurance arrangements you have made are not adequate. You agree to indemnify us from any claim whatsoever arising from your failure to comply with this condition.
It is your responsibility to ensure you arrive at the start of the Adventure4Fun itinerary within a reasonable time to commence the start of the journey, as we cannot refund you outside the terms of our Terms and Conditions.
We do not include flights in our event/tour package packages and so if you have booked flights independently, we advise that you arrange insurance to cover any costs incurred if we are forced to cancel or change your event/tour package or if your airline cancels your flight and you are unable to make it to the start of your tour.
7. Our Prices
Any prices quoted on our website, social media, on any literature or otherwise are a guide only and are subject to change at any point until the final contract has been made between us. All prices include VAT at the appropriate rate. After the contract has been made between us we have the right to increase the price of the event/tour package where the cost to us of providing you with the event/tour package increases:
– Due to VAT changes, exchange rate fluctuations, or any other duties, surcharges or fees levied on your event/tour package;
We will not make any such increase to the basic cost of your event/tour package within 90 days of your event/tour package start date. We will also absorb all such increases where they amount to less than 10% of the total cost of your event/tour package. These provisions exclude cancellation charges.
8. Your Trip with Adventure4Fun
When booking your trip with Adventure4Fun, you accept the booking on the understanding that:
1. Participation in adventurous activities involves a risk of injury or death regardless of the standard of the organisation of the event you are taking part in. By accepting these Terms & Conditions, participants voluntarily accept all the risks inherent in the event and agree to indemnify Adventure4Fun against any claim or claims whether on their own account or from third parties arising out of any accident or incident resulting in any loss or damage (including bodily injury and death). You also accept that there are other inherent risks and hazards of such an event/tour package, and any other risks (not limited to) poor road conditions, border restrictions, natural or nuclear disaster, disease, terrorism, fire; and civil or political unrest.
2. There is a possibility that other matters may occur, such as delays, loss or damage to belongings, inconvenience and discomfort and changes to your itinerary
3. Adventure4Fun trips are not a race, competition or timed event – that being said, on certain guided trips you are expected to have a certain level of fitness and to keep a certain pace with your host/event coordinator. Please see individual trips for information on what fitness is expected.
4. With a trip of this kind, there is a need to exercise some flexibility. The events and itineraries have been drawn up as guidance and not as a contractual obligation and if delays or changes need to be made by Adventure4Fun, you must be prepared for this and to accept any inconvenience, delays or discomfort that occur as a result of this.
5. Where applicable there will be a trip leader. He/she represents Adventure4Fun and it is essential that you abide by his/her authority. By completing our booking form, you agree that if your behaviour is causing danger, or distress or annoyance to other members of the group, or if you commit any illegal act, we may terminate your trip without any liabilities on our part.
6. Our trips are open to everyone and such, our groups are made up of a wide range of people and we cannot guarantee any particular composition of people in terms of age, gender, ability etc
7. Our event/tour package packages do not include flights and it is your responsibility to book flights separately and to arrive at the starting point on time.
8. Any transfers or travel required to meet us at the start of the itinerary or to travel back to airports/home at the end of the itinerary are your responsibility. We are happy to provide guidance, but these arrangements are ultimately your responsibility and must be checked by you.
9. Adventure4Fun’s responsibility begins at the arranged start time and date of the itinerary. Anyone who does not arrive in time for the start of the itinerary is responsible for any additional expenses occurred to catch up with the rest of the group.
10. We will provide you with advice with recommendations such as climate, clothing, special equipment etc required for travelling to a particular country, however, this must be checked by you and not relied upon.
11. If you fail or refuse to use any service, features, hotel accommodation paid for within the event/tour package, we will offer no refund or compensation.
12. Please note that flights and other products you purchase separately do not form part of your event/tour package with us.
9. Special Requirements
1. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to complete your chosen trip. We reserve the right to require you to produce a doctor’s certificate of fitness to participate in your chosen event/tour package. If you are affected by any condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect your or other people’s enjoyment of the trip, you must advise us before booking. If you do not do so, we may cancel your trip at any time.
2. Arrangements such as vaccinations, passports, visas and otherwise are your responsibility and we cannot accept liability if you fail to take vaccinations, do not have an up to date passport or do not obtain the appropriate visa before the start of your event/tour package. We will offer guidance for these if required and you should also consult with your GP for vaccinations, allowing enough time beforehand.
3. We do not have any restrictions for people partaking in our trips with regard to disabilities, mobility problems or medical issues. However, before making a booking, it is important that if any particular requirements are needed, we are made aware so that we can discuss suitability and any reasonable adjustments. We may also ask you to be accompanied by someone who is able to provide you with care for any particular needs you may have.
4. If you have special requirements a risk assessment might be required prior to confirming a booking or allowing participation in certain activities. Please note that we rely upon the information you provide to help us anticipate and satisfy your needs. We therefore require you to give us a full and frank description of your needs. You must update us with any change in your circumstances prior to and during your stay. Our guides can only provide general first aid. As such it may be necessary for you or a member of your party to be able to administer or attend to your/their own medical needs or have someone accompany you/them who can do so.
5. It is essential that you state upfront any medical issues you may have prior to your event/tour package. Our guides carry basic first aid and if anything over and above this is required please discuss this with us before making your booking. In some cases, we may also need to carry out an individual risk assessment for particular conditions or issues.
6. If you, or any member of your party becomes ill with an infectious or contagious illness 4 weeks or less before your departure, you must tell us immediately. We have the right to:
o refuse to accept your booking;
o cancel your trip; or
o if the trip has already started, we may ask you or the affected member of your group to leave immediately if we feel it may affect the health of others.
Adventure4Fun requests that all participants on any of our trips adhere to our behaviour guidelines. Your behaviour should not be excessive, noisy or disruptive, especially at night. Your behaviour must at all times be appropriate to the culture of the country you are visiting. Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in the police being involved. We do not consider offensive or aggressive behaviour or language towards our staff to be acceptable. We may ask you and/or any member of your party to leave immediately if your conduct is considered by us to be inappropriate, likely to cause harm, or impair the enjoyment, comfort or safety of your neighbours, other members of your group, staff and the general public, or is likely, in our belief, to breach any terms of our agreement with you. No refunds or compensation will be given in these circumstances and we reserve the right not to accept any future bookings from you or any member of your party.
11. Adventure4Fun’s Liability to You
If personal injury, death or damage to your property occurs due to our negligence or fault, there is nothing in these terms that seek to limit or exclude our liability.
Except for those areas for which we do not seek to exclude liability, our total liability to you is limited to twice the basic event/tour package price per person as shown on your booking confirmation and invoice.
Adventure4Fun will not be liable for any losses that you suffer a result of any breach of our agreement except those losses which are reasonably foreseeable to both of us at the time we enter into the contract with you. Other than this liability which we have accepted, Adventure4Fun shall not be held liable for any damages caused by the total, or partial failure to provide your event/tour package if such failure is:
• attributable to you; or
• unforeseeable or unavoidable and attributable to a third party unconnected with us or any of our sub-contractors; or
• as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control including but not limited to strikes, threatened or actual war, civil or political unrest, government action, riots, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions disease or fire; or
• due to the theft of belongings or injury and in particular injuries that are sustained as a result of either inadequately maintained and serviced personal equipment or failure to wear the correct safety equipment, unless demonstrably due to our negligence.
In addition, since the services are provided to you as a consumer, we cannot accept responsibility for any losses related to any business of yours such as lost data, lost profits, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of goodwill or other business loss that you may incur as a result of any breach of our agreement.
We will also not be liable for direct damage or loss of any nature caused, or contributed to, by any defect in or failure (whether partial or complete) of any travel services not provided by us, and which we could not reasonably be expected to be responsible for.
Any complaints regarding the trip should be made to the Tour Leader and/ or local representative who will normally take the appropriate action. If at the end of the tour, you feel that your complaint was not dealt with properly and were not satisfied with the response, you must notify us of your complaint in writing within 28 days of the actual completion date of the tour and Adventure4Fun will look into the claim.
13. Trip Information
Please note that all information given about our trips, whether in our marketing material, on our website or otherwise, is intended merely to present a general idea of the trip on offer. Information is correct to the best of our knowledge. You will be provided with an itinerary for your event/tour package giving details such as, the type of accommodation used, what is included in the price, passport, and health formalities. Changes in all of these items may be made at any time and we will notify you of any changes that we become aware of as soon as we are reasonably able to do so. For all trips we publish detailed Itineraries and You should ensure that you are fully aware of the contents of these documents before booking. In all cases the Itinerary on our website should be considered as more up to date than material found elsewhere. The information and conditions relating to your trip contained in the itinerary will be deemed to be part of the contract, and you should therefore read them carefully.
14. Safety and Security
Your personal belongings are your own responsibility during your trip with us.
Activities which take place out of doors are provided subject to appropriate weather conditions prevailing at the time the activity is to take place.
You must ensure that any activity or facility selected by you or any members of your party is suitable for those who are taking part.
You are required to follow any safety advice provided to you including wearing a cycle helmet when cycling.
Points to consider before booking
• The following items (not limited to) are not permitted on any Adventure4Fun trip, shotgun, knife, firearm, air weapon, archery equipment, fireworks (including sparklers), illegal substances or similar items under any circumstances.
• You may not advertise, use, give or resell your event/tour package or any discount offer associated with it or offer to do so (for profit or otherwise) or use it in connection with a competition, promotion, business and charitable or any other similar venture without our express advance written permission.
15. Equipment and Accommodation
We use a range of accommodation providers for our trips. By booking, you agree to abide by their own terms and conditions for which they accept guests.
Any equipment or facilities that you use should be kept clean and tidy. We reserve the right to charge you for any damage, missing items or extra cleaning required.
The vendor reserve the right to enter your accommodation at any time for any reasonable purpose, e.g. to make checks, or carry out essential inspection, maintenance work, housekeeping or repairs.
We reserve the right to use different equipment to that which is described on our website or otherwise
Please ensure that any equipment and baggage that you bring is properly maintained, marked and insured. We will take reasonable care when transporting your property and equipment, however we are not responsible for any damage caused by a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for, whether such damage is caused during the event/tour package or whilst the equipment is being transported.
It is your responsibility to hand back any items such as room keys on departure.
16. Compensation by you
By booking you agree that we have the right either during or after your event/tour package to recover from you, either via the credit/charge or debit card used to pay for the trip or otherwise, the costs of:
• any compensation we may pay to others, including others on the trip, resulting from your acts or omissions; and/or
• any property or accommodation damage; and/or
• any other charges, fees or levies we may incur resulting from your action or inaction and from any breach of these conditions.
These booking conditions are governed by South African law and both you and we agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
Unless you notify us otherwise, by making a booking, you consent to us using any images taken of you on any of our trips without charge in all media at any point in time. For example, for use on our website, social media, brochures and videos.
We may transfer and/or assign its rights and/or its obligations under these terms and conditions. This will not affect your rights under this contract. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions without our prior written consent, which we may not unreasonably withheld.
You are responsible for the supervision of all members of your party under the age of 18.
If either you or we breach this contract and the party not in breach ignores this, the party not in breach will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies at a later date.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which our liability to you is excluded) the enforceability of any other part of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
Upon entering your email address whilst making a booking, you agree for Adventure4Fun to contact you in the future with news, offers and details of new products/trips in line with our Private Policy.
18. Discounts and Special offers
Discount codes apply to cannot be used retrospectively on bookings that have already been made. Discount codes can only be used once unless specified otherwise or agreed directly with Adventure4Fun.You may not advertise, use, give or resell your event/tour package or any discount offer associated with it or offer to do so (for profit or otherwise) or use it in connection with a competition, promotion, business and charitable or any other similar venture without our express advance written permission.